Welcome to the North Shore Community Solar Portal
Deerfield • Glencoe • Highland Park • Lake Bluff • Lake Forest • Northbrook • Skokie
North Shore Electricity Aggregation Consortium
Support Renewable Energy and Secure Guaranteed Savings with Community Solar
Residential and Small Commercial consumers located in the North Shore can capture the benefits of solar without any investment or installing any solar panels on your roof.
With the CS² Program, North Shore consumers can:
- Support new solar development in northern Illinois
- Save off ComEd energy supply costs with a guaranteed 20% savings off net metering credits
- Sign up for $0 cost
- Stay with your current utility
- Terminate at any time for $0 cost
With Community Solar, a typical* North Shore home can support the deployment of 30 solar panels at a community solar farm and secure as much as $130 per year in their net metering credit value.
* Average single family residential home using 1,000 kWh’s per month
Large scale community solar gardens are developed at off-site locations by private developers to generate clean, carbon-free electricity.
No solar rooftop panels are required on your residence.
The community solar garden generates clean, carbon-free electricity and supplies it to the utility’s power grid for delivery to its distribution customers including homes, schools and business.
You enroll as a subscriber to the community solar facility, and you receive a net metering credit on your monthly utility electricity invoice for your portion of the solar power generated each calendar month. MC Squared Energy Services bills you separately for 80% of the net metering credit you receive, and therefore you retain 20% as your monthly savings! There are no other fees involved – it’s that simple to support solar generating resources in Illinois and receive a guaranteed savings for participating.
Signing up for Community Solar is Easy
There is no cost or obligation to put your name on the CS² Program using the form below. Once you’ve submitted your information, the CS² Program Administrator – MC Squared Energy Services – will review you account for the following:
- Ensure that your account qualifies under ComEd’s rules; and,
- Identify the Subscription size that is right for your account.
MC Squared Energy Services will inform you by email once your account has been confirmed, and again when a community solar farm that is participating in the CS² Program is ready to commence operations. At that time, you may choose to complete the enrollment process and start receiving your net metering credits.
Support renewable energy development throughout northern Illinois
No change in your current utility company
No solar panels at your home or up-front investment
Local economic development, job training, and a lower carbon footprint for Illinois
Substantial net metering credits on your monthly electricity bill
No credit check, simple automated payment process
Fair and transparent Subscription terms negotiated by local governments
Professional program management by MC Squared Energy Services
What is Community Solar?
What is the CS² Community Solar Program?
What is the Illinois Future Energy Jobs Act (FEJA)?
How does Community Solar work?
What are the benefits of Community Solar?
How does the billing work?
First, after successfully completing the enrollment process, you will receive the net metering credits on your monthly ComEd electric utility bill for your share of the generation created by your community solar project under the utility’s default electricity supply tariff service. The invoice examples below show you how this works.
Then, after you have received you net metering credits from ComEd, MC Squared Energy Services, LLC will bill you for 80% of the net metering credits – leaving you with 20% of all net metering credits. Your monthly bill from MC Squared Energy Services, LLC will also report how your participation impacts the environment each month.
When will the CS² Program start?
What do you mean that solar subscriptions will be first come-first served basis?
What are Renewable Energy Credits?
What is Illinois Shines?
Email us at
Call us at
*You may choose a community solar offer from other Approved Vendors. For a complete list of your options, visit https://illinoisshines.com/approved-vendor-info/.